Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Theme: Art Deco/Art Nouveau

When looking at dresses (I found only one that I liked in the one bridal magazine I bought) and venues (we visited three in the Canadian Rockies), it slowly began to dawn on me that I absolutely love all things vintage! It took a little longer to realize that "vintage" constituted a mix of the styles of art nouveau (an art movement popular at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th centuries) and art deco (popular between the two World Wars).

Upon this realization, I have focused on choosing an art deco/art nouveau-style venue, dress, cake, flowers, decorations, and accessories for my wedding ... posts to follow!


Top Left: Portrait d'Ira
by Tamara de Lempicka, c. 1933
Top Right: Moet & Chandon , White Star Champagne Label by Alphonse Mucha, c. 1899
Bottom Left: L'Amethyste by Alphonse Mucha, c. 1900
Bottom Right: Girl in a Green Dress by Tamara de Lempicka, c. 1930

No comments:

Post a Comment